News and announcements
- Upcoming: SWIFT-HEP workshop on 21-22 November 2023
- Joint GridPP & SWIFT-HEP workshop on 29-30 March 2023
- SWIFT-HEP workshop on 1-2 November 2022
- The simulation Opticks team to participate in the UK Hackathon 2022
- SWIFT-HEP workshop on 23-24 March 2022
- SWIFT-HEP workshop on 2-3 November 2021
- SWIFT-HEP starts!
OverviewTo exploit the full physics potential offered by the large data sets collected by the next-generation experiments, new software and algorithmic techniques are required to handle their production rate, volume, and complexity.
This need has led to an international roadmap for software development and the establishment of the HEP Software Foundation (HSF) to address problems that are common across HEP experiments.
SWIFT-HEP is a project funded by STFC as a UK contribution to the development of software for High Energy Physics experiments.
ActivitiesSWIFT-HEP provides a platform for the community to interact on software development topics. Workshops are held twice a year, and topical meetings are held on a monthly basis. See the Indico category for full details.
Training activities are also planned following the SIDIS curriculum.
OrganisationThe SWIFT-HEP coordinator is Davide Costanzo (Sheffield) and deputy Conor Fitzpatrick (Manchester).
Each work package has two conveners who meet every four weeks.
An advisory board comprised by the UK spokespersons of the major HEP experiments oversees the activity of the project.